Animal License Information

Where do I obtain the application?

Animal License Applications are available at the Clerk’s office or found on the Clerk’s webpage at:
Renewal notices are sent out in February. Please watch for them in the mail.

How do I submit the application?

Completed applications can be mailed to the City Clerk’s office, submitted in person at the drop box outside City Hall, at the Service Window at the City Clerk’s Office OR emailed to Jill Mullican, 

What do I need to include with the application?

-A valid Rabies Certificate should be presented to the Clerk’s office with the application. 

-If the animal is altered (spayed/neutered) a Spay/Neuter certificate should be provided as well.

-Include License Fee(s).

How do I pay the Fee?

The fee can be paid in person at the Clerk’s office with Cash, Credit/Debit, Check or Money Order.

If you submit via email, you will need to pay the Animal License Fee online at

Animal License Fees

Altered Male/Female: $9.00
Unaltered Male: $11.00
Unaltered Female: $13.00

*Applications received after April 1st will be charged an additional $2.00 late fee.

Mailing Address

City Clerk’s Office
PO Box 867
100 North Main St.
St. Albans, VT 05478

Official website of the City of Saint Albans, Vermont | (802) 524-1500 |