Green Mountain Passport

What is it? A program offering free day use passes to Vermont State Parks and Historic Sites for Vermonters 62 years of age or older. The application is available below or at the City Clerk's Office*. To pay for your Green Mountain Passport Online and we will mail it to you after we have received a completed application via email. click here.

*Please obtain your Green Mountain Passport from the municipal office in the town or city in which you are a resident.


Green Mountain Passport Information and Eligibility Information

1. Applicant must be a resident of Vermont and of the municipality where application is made.

2. The applicant must swear under oath that he/she is a legal resident of Vermont and is either the age of 62 or older, or a Veteran of the uniformed services.

3. Applicant completes the application and submits $2.00 to the town official.

4. Clerk certifies application, fills out the Passport card and gives card to the applicant.

5. Clerk maintains records for fiscal accounting for municipal records, replacement of lost cards, and reporting of total number of cards issued.


Green Mountain Passport Program FAQ:

Does the term “veteran” include active duty military personnel? We refer to the federal definition in 38 USC 101(2): “a person who served in the active military, naval or air service, and who was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable.”

Does this passport card cover other people in a vehicle? The Green Mountain Passport card benefits only the card holder.

If a town is currently out of cards, are there any immediate options, before some can be mailed? Some town libraries have Green Mountain Passport cards for loan.

Are reduced price on goods and services still a card benefit? No, goods and services are no longer an official benefit for card holders. Now the card covers day-use to Vermont state parks and admission to Vermont Historic sites.

Can a Vermonter go to any town and submit an application to get a card? The statute says a resident of a town may go to that town’s clerk to complete an application and receive the card after submitting the $2 fee.

If a card is lost, can the owner get a replacement? A replacement card may be supplied at no cost at the town offices where the original application was submitted, as long as the town office still holds the original application. If the original application cannot be located, the town clerk may request the $2 application fee again.

Is there a list of fully sponsored State events? Currently there are no fully state sponsored events that qualify for Green Mountain Passport admission.

Vermont State Historic sites
Bennington Monument, Bennington
President Calvin Coolidge’s Community Plymouth Notch
President Chester Arthur Historic Site, Fairfield
Chimney Point, Addison
Hubbardton Battlefield, Hubbardton
Senator Justin Morrill Homestead, Strafford
Mount Independent, Orwell
Old Constitution House, Windsor
Eureka Schoolhouse, Springfield
Underwater Preserves, Lake Champlain Maritime Museum, Vergennes

The full text of the State statute, Title 31, Chapter 19


Contact for more information: 


Vermont Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living

HC 2 South, 280 State Drive, Waterbury, VT 05671-2020

(802) 241-2401

Official website of the City of Saint Albans, Vermont | (802) 524-1500 |