What do I need to do before having a lawn sale?

Lawn/yard/porch/garage sales require a permit from the City Clerk.  The first two permits each year are free, and there are conditions that need to be followed.  For more information, contact the clerk's office at 524-1501.

 Where do I apply for a dog license?

Dog licenses are handled by the city clerk's office.  Forms are available at city hall. All dogs need an annual license on April 1st .  Cats do not require a license.

 Who handles recycling and rubbish removal?

Rubbish removal and recycling are handled by independent haulers.  For more information on solid waste and a list of haulers, please contact the Northwest Vermont Solid Waste Management Office at (802) 524-5986.
Official website of the City of Saint Albans, Vermont | (802) 524-1500 |